Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sporty Weekend

As bad as last weekend started, this one started that good.

First of all, on Friday afternoon I was notified that I got a new position at work (and a raise). 

That evening I met Mr. S and the kids at the batting cages (I can't believe that we're getting ready for baseball/softball - we haven't even started soccer yet!).

JrMrS
(LMS)
(TS1) - we only have one batting helmet right now, so the boys had to wear pink :)
(TS2)
For dinner I took us all out for pizza at Pizza Hut to celebrate my new job.  The kids liked that and Jr.Mr.S was really interested in my job which made me feel good.  He even asked if he could attend my "Take your child to work" day.  That way he'll learn a lot about engineers, since that is one of his dream professions (weird kid, huh? Just kidding - I love working with engineers).

Saturday, Mr. S took Jr.Ms.S down to Omaha to pick out swim team gear (yet another sport I can't believe we're getting ready for - we're just totally skipping over spring sports).  He seemed to have a good time with her and I love the interest he's showing in her sport and her interests.

Saturday evening LMS had a drill team performance at her school.  She just loves these. 

I was so surprised at how many parents showed up to a strictly drill team performance.  It was just about as many parents that show up for wrestling (big sport in Iowa).  It blew me away that all those parents, grandparents, friends, etc showed up.  It was a PACKED house!

Sunday we took it easy and got some cleaning done - nothing too exciting.

What sports are you and your family (kids) most interested in?

No comments:

Post a Comment