Monday, January 4, 2010

Kicking off the New Year and Weighing-in

We rang in the New Year as a family this year. We spent NYE at a friend’s house with his family and had dinner and watched some bowl games. On our way home about 10 pm the boys mentioned they’d never celebrated NYE before, I couldn’t believe it, so I showed them what NYE was all about (I’ve always celebrated with the girls, even when they were tiny babies). We got home and all changed into PJs, then watched 9 to stay awake (boring movie – I fell asleep). The movie ended at about 11:50 and we switched the tv over to one of the NYE celebrations to watch the ball drop. I poured Sparkling White Grape Juice for everyone (even Mr. S and I) and we did the countdown together. After all the kissing and hugging – we were in bed by 12:05.
The boys had to leave early in the morning for their mom’s (she’s such a pain in the butt), so after hardly any sleep I got them up and Mr. S struggled out of bed to say good bye. We (I) did some cleaning and other stuff around the kitchen and then we got our New Year’s Day spread out. Mr. S made some yummy Southwestern dip, we had veggies, and sausage and crackers, and bread and dip, and cookies for the day to munch on. Then he settled in for like 15 hours of football.

During the last quarter at school, Jr.Ms.S decided to read Twilight after me and I told her that when she finished it, we’d rent the movie from Netflix. She got it finished before the end of the semester and earned 18 reading points at school, so our treat on Friday afternoon was to finally watch the movie together.
After we finished, Mr. S’s grandparents had arrived and we watched football with them the rest of the day.

Saturday started too bright and early (and SUPER cold – it was about -25 that morning). The boys had a wrestling tournament about an hour from home. Although I was not in the mood to be there, this is probably the best one we’ve been too. It didn’t seem organized at first, but when they finally did start – we were done and out of there in THREE hours! It was great and the boys did good too. Jr.Mr.S and TS2 won first place.

TS1 got 2nd place.
We were able to get home a little after one and relax for the afternoon catching up on some sleep and football of course.

On Sunday, we made up for us missing Christmas with Mr. S’s mom and sister. We went over for lunch and had pizza. Mr. S played with his nephew (isn’t he so cute?).



The kids opened gifts and then we headed back home so Mr. S could snow blow (it snowed ANOTHER 3+ inches Saturday night).

We all had a pretty good weekend and we were so not ready to start this week. Ugh!

Now, I made a list last week about my goals for the year. One major goal is my weight and getting back in shape. I think that if I do that, not only do I complete some of my other goals, but I will also feel better about myself and will be able to start my 30’s off healthier (now it’s keeping those habits).

My goal is to lose 5 pounds a month. When I lost major weight before, at first it went a lot faster, so hopefully the same holds true again. Although this time I don’t have a trainer kicking my butt every week, or a rockin’ sister to kick my butt during the week and reminding me to workout and eat good, etc. So, I need you to help me stay accountable. I know I have the support of my husband, however if I lose my resolve and don’t make it important, he doesn’t make it important. I love him to death, but he just doesn’t keep me on my toes in this area and he creates situations for me to bad too. My kids have started being harsh with me, so maybe that will help. Multiple times over the last month the older two have made comments about being fat or out of shape – geez kids can be so hard.

I’m going to initiate a weekly weigh-in as part of a way to force myself to see progress and although I’m too embarrassed to put my actual weight on here (I have a code worked out), I will honestly say was my progress was (or my lack of progress). I also want to name a change I have to complete during the week, such as a change in diet or activity. This is all so that I can get back in shape and make life changes to be successful again. I already know my body is not the same as it was 10 years ago; I’d hate to have to do this again in 10 years because I let myself go.

So, here I go…

Weekly weigh-in for Jan. 4, 2010: 1UY

To be successful this week, I need to start exercising. I need to do at least 20-30 minutes of cardio or cardio/weights at least 4 times this week.

I’ll give you an update in a week…

What resolutions are most important to you?

1 comment:

  1. I would really like to be better about exercising this year!

    ReplyDelete