Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Love Christmas...except for when life is too busy

One thing about having five kids is that inevitably there will be several weekends a year when you get NOTHING done because of sports and their activities. This weekend was a perfect example.

After a really long week at work, I spent Friday night running back and forth from our house to the town our kid’s school is in (8 miles away) running JrMsS around to Girl Scouts, then home, then back for Basketball practice, ran to Mr. S’s aunt’s house for a Tastefully Simple Party, then back to pick her up, and then home. I was exhausted to the point of tears that night (more so from the REALLY long week at work, but the running around that night didn’t help).
Saturday, JrMsS had her last basketball game of the season (yay!). Since it was in the middle of the day though (and a 60 mile roundtrip), absolutely nothing got done but her game and some grocery shopping that day (I’m always in the freaking grocery store!).

On Sunday, the boys had a wrestling tournament. These always take SO long, but the boys were excited about it and I’m glad to support them. JrMrS’s group was up in the morning, he ended up with 2nd place. The Twin Snowflakes had their group in the afternoon. TS2 got second place and TS1 apparently needs work according to Mr. S (I have no clue; I just always watch to see which hand the ref raises at the end and then cheer if they win or try to cheer up the boys if they lose).

JrMrS standing in the center


TS2 wrestling on the left


Twin snowflakes wrestling on the mats next to each other.
I lose mommy points for bringing a camera with a dead battery, I was only able to squeeze off a few pictures before it died. Oh well, there will be PLENTY of opportunities over the next few months for more (we’re apparently going to a million wrestling tournaments this winter – I need lots of books and a bunch of pillows for my butt).
I do gain mommy points for hanging out till the end, they all thought I’d come late and bail early – Mr. S kept asking when I was going shopping or other stuff – I hung in and I was happy when TS2 even asked to make sure I was, he said he wanted me there.
So although no baking, shopping, or gift wrapping got done, we had a pretty good family weekend.
What did you do in these last few weeks before the holidays (I can’t believe its next week!)?

No comments:

Post a Comment