Monday, December 20, 2010

The week of ups and downs

This has been the week of ups and downs. I'm not really sure why, but it has.

Monday we finally broke the Ice Princess (Mr. S's ex) and she agreed to let him have part of his weekend, to take them to his mom's Christmas and to let him have the boys Dec. 27-30. So at least we won't be going to court of that (at least not for now). He agreed to only having to pay for half of JrMrS's instrument (she didn't make us pay for the whole thing like we offered), so it was REALLY great news. But, I said it's the week of ups and downs...

About an hour after we got that news, my mom sent me an email about my dad's most recent dr visit. I have complained and complained about my last two months of being sick and hurt, but this is a man that has Type II diabetes, high blood pressure, went through heart bypass surgery, had toes amputated, thyroid surgery, etc, in other words he's been very sick and very hurt for a lot longer than I was/am. He has more challenges ahead unfortunately...he was told he only has about 25% functionality of his kidneys. He's going to have to start making even more life changes to his health and will have dialysis in the future. My dad has always been there for me, even when I've done really bad and awful things. He's my biggest cheerleader and I honestly don't know what I'd do without him. There's still a lot of tests to be done, but it was not good news.

Tuesday Jr. Ms S and Jr Mr S had their holiday concert. I just can't believe how much they've grown up.


Yes - the guy in front of me is wearing a "do" rag ;P
Tuesday night I got bad news though, my stupid ex wants to see the girls...it's KILLING him that he hasn't seen them. Ugh dumbass...funny how his request coincides with the fact that we had court the next day. With everything going on, Mr S and I decided to throw out that he could have Wednesday or Thursday with them, but only for the day. He asked when on Wednesday, I told him, but have not heard back from him. Hopefully I don't - the LAST thing I want is for the girls to see their dad and mess up all the progress we've accomplished with them. Ugh!

As I said, on Wednesday we had court, ugh. We got NO progress though because his stupid ass public defender didn't show up and they couldn't find her anywhere. We were going to go back later in the afternoon, but with the bad weather rolling in, the referee left, so we have ANOTHER continuance (I'm really starting to HATE that word).

Thursday and Friday we escaped drama...for the most part - with the ice we got on Wednesday night, my road is now a skating rink again - the girls and I were driving to school and as I got to the pavement, my car did a 180 while sliding towards a ditch...luckily I was able to get control back and nothing bad happened, but really scarey for first thing in the morning.

Saturday, Jr. Ms. S's fall basketball team had their last two games. They've won ALL of their games except 1 this year and it was so heartbreaking to see them lose their games Saturday. The first game was REALLY tough, but they were able to hold a REALLY good team to only 6-8. After playing so hard the first game, they were wiped though and just didn't have the energy to do more.
 The boys went to a wrestling tournament with Mr. S - Jr. Mr S and TS1 got first place, TS2 got 2nd place.

After the girls and I got done at the basketball tournament, we headed towards Omaha to try to knock out the christmas shopping. Traffic was bad, I couldn't find one store ANYWHERE (my gps sucks) where I had to buy 1 stupid gift card, so we headed to the mall which was a mad house (I have a thing about crowds - I start getting all panic-y and I freak out a little, kind of why Mr. S has stopped forcing wrestling matches on me). Actually, I wasn't horrible. When we got there it took about 10 minutes to get to a parking spot about as far from the mall as you can get, no big deal, when we got in, we decided to eat first and there was no line at Subway and a table was open with three seats right away. We went to JC Penny where we had to stand in line for about 10 minutes once we got our stuff, but after that there really weren't bad lines or lines at all for any of the other stores. My sister met us there since she had to work soon and helped us with some shopping. The really cute thing though is that LMS just HAD to see Santa. Jr Ms S just kept saying over and over in line that he was a fake one (but still somewhat believes in a real one somewhere), so she didn't want to see him. We stood in line there for about 20 minutes and she finally got her turn - she's so cute. Had to make sure her order was in.

We finished at the mall and headed to Walmart to do some shopping - after we got done there I'm about 90% done - yay me! We actually didn't have to stand in line long there either which was surprising - only had to wait for one person - SCORE!!

Sunday we had Christmas at Mr. S's mom's house with his sister's family.
I've been so stressed out though with work and getting ready for Christmas and stuff - I had a horrible headache the whole time. When we got home - it took everything I had to change out laundry and then I crashed on the couch for the rest of the day - my throat is KILLING me again - I REALLY don't want to be sick again. So, with the nap and the fact that NyQuil doesn't work for me anymore (don't take it for two + weeks no mater how sick you are - it will stop working), now I've been up since 2:30 - it's going to be a LONG day today.

Are you ready for Christmas? (This is a retorical question, if you are don't speak up, just know I really don't like you right now - just kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment