Monday, December 27, 2010

A snowy Snowflake Christmas

We've had a very busy few days around the Snowflake house over the long weekend.

Our Christmas celebration technically began on Wednesday night, Mr. S and the girls and I went out for a quiet dinner and I got my x-mas present from him - a new digital camera!! Yeah more (better) pictures!!!

Thursday I was off, but spent most of the day cleaning and wrapping a MILLION gifts - okay, not that many, but enough to have to run into town for tape!
If it was up to Mr. S, this is how everyone would get their gifts..
Thursday evening, right as the snow was beginning, my parents arrived safe and sound. Yay!

Friday morning, Mr. S went and got the boys, my mom and I started baking/cooking, and the kids played in the snow...

 Playing with the Panoramic setting...

Our helpers
All too quickly the day passed and now everyone started arriving for our Christmas Eve celebration.

 Good Food...
 Yummy Treats...
 Great Wine...
Even had a little Santa show up at my door - he's so cute :)
It started getting late and everyone had a really good time. About 10 pm the kids FINALLY got to open their presents.



It was crazy - between it being late and the kids being so wound up, we ended up cutting some corners and didn't open gifts in our regular order - they just grabbed one and opened, grabbed the next and opened all at once. Once the kids were done, the adults went through the rounds - it was late when we all finally ended up in bed...11:30 pm.

The next morning we began Christmas Day with one of my family's traditions...Sticky Buns!!

We all opened stockings and then spent the rest of the day resting, playing games and socializing. Mr. S's grandparents came up for a late lunch and stuck around until after dark, it was a very nice day.
 Handsome guys
 Glamour Girls!!






Sunday started fine, but then it went downhill. First my mom got sick, then LMS threw up, and then I got sick...we heard my sister and the three boys were also sick - so hopefully it's just some 12 hour flu - we all seem to be fine for the most part now.

So, that's been our holiday weekend. What did you and your family do?

No comments:

Post a Comment