Thursday, December 30, 2010

Top 10 of 2010

This year has had a lot of ups and downs - a lot more "downs" than we really were expecting unfortunately. We're hoping for a MUCH better 2011.

For a positive note - these are my top 10 of 2010 (in no particular order):
 #1 - I became an aunt (again).
I've been an aunt for over a year now, but little Tristan was extra special because it means my kids have "grandchild" competition on my side now. He's such a cutie pie.

#2 - Our first Valentines Celebration as a couple was really sweet. Pretty toned down (and we had to spend the actual day at a wrestling tournament), but it was really nice.

#3 - Coaching LMS's soccer team was very special for me. I loved that time with her and I was able to push her more than maybe another parent would have. It was so exiting to see her excel.

#4 - My new job at my main work. I LOVE my work (overall). Everyday is a new challenge and every project is so different - it's fun to look forward to what's next - even if it is hard work.

#5 - Speaking of work, I'm very proud of my accomplishments this year. I've won 4 awards for my hard work - it's nice that other people can see how much I pour myself into it (and the extra little bonuses are nice too).

#6 - My Wyoming trip. It was HARD work and a VERY LONG week, but I had a BLAST doing it - I REALLY hope we win the contract again next year. It was also super nice because for the most part it was the only trip I took this year - we've really been vacation deprived this year :(

#7 - New Rooms for the girls. I was really excited that we were able to do this for them. They really needed their own space and the added benefit of shopping and decorating was a bonus :)

#8 - Mr. S's cousin's wedding. It really was a blast. I loved helping plan her shower and help at the wedding - even if I found out the hard way that wine slushies are NOT good for you.

This is why you don't do a cake smash grooms!! I get more action than you do on your wedding night.

#9 - Celebrating our first Anniversary - again, another tamed down celebration, but very nice. I'm sure we'll have PLENTY of time for more exciting celebrations for our anniversary.

#10 - I had a hard time chosing highlights - I had several really special relaxation days/times with my husband and kids - so my #10 will be a combination of those special times. I'm hoping that even in our "flurried" life, we find more time next year for more of these.

What are your top ten?

No comments:

Post a Comment