Thursday, December 23, 2010

Facebook is not how you communicate!

Really? Facebook is not how grown adults communicate? Has this not been what I've said for the last year when that is the only way that my stupid ex would communicate with me?

Yesterday the girls were supposed to see their dad yesterday, at least if he had let me know he would actually show up. A week ago he asked what time on Wed he could see them and I said "7:30?" Does that not warrent a "okay, great", "sounds good", "can we meet a different time"? In normal grown up world I would say it does.

Tuesday afternoon (12:50) I wrote him to ask him to let me know if he was actually going to met me or not. I got no response from him, so Wednesday morning (5:45 am) I wrote to tell him I wasn't going to bring them since he hadn't answered me.

At 11:30 am, he wrote to give me his phone numbers (finally) and to tell me facebook is not how you communicate! Wow! Let me point out what is wrong with this email...

First, the email was written at 11:30, we were suppossed to meet at 7:30. If I had missed the emails and then expected him to meet me, I would have been all over his ass at 7:35. In his case, he doesn't say a word for FOUR hours!!

Second, HE was the one to communicate with me this way. I've had the same cell phone number for the last 6 years. I've had the same personal email address for 5 years and have worked at the same company for the last 3 years with all it's multiple ways to get a hold of me. In the last few years, he's had several jobs, his phone disconnected multiple times, moved about four times at least, etc. He's unstable to be able to get a hold of (not that I want to). So, if he wanted to communicate in a GROWN UP way with me...he had MULTIPLE options - HE chose this medium.

I'm not angry - I won and it feels good. The girls didn't see him, I didn't have to see him and deal with him, and I have the upper hand and he sees that and is PISSED. Winning is great....

Do you have to deal with ignorant people like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment