Thursday, December 30, 2010

Growing Pains

One of the few childhood tourtures I didn't have to experience was braces (probably should have - but it just never happened). JrMsS wasn't as fourtunate, she got her braces put on yesterday - so the 913 day countdown begins (she has to wear them for 2.5 years!) At least she'll be out of them by 8th grade and she'll get to enjoy her teens with a (even more) beautiful smile.
She did REALLY well. We're talking about a kid who at one point had to be STRAPPED to the chair for a filling. From then on - I decided we're going to knock her butt out when she needs dental procedures. This was simple and mostly painless - I was really surprised since I've always heard how much they hurt. She's complained about a little bit of tooth pain - but she hasn't been overly dramatic about it or anything. I'm so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment