Saturday, November 13, 2010

So long, farewell

Not to all of you of course, but to my wonderful friend named....

SPRING/SUMMER/FALL

She is such a wonderful friend. She allows me to wear my flip flops and other cute high heels. I love my little summer skirts and sundresses. The days are longer. I get somewhat of a tan. I don't have to cook as much since Mr. S LOVES to grill. But sadly, she left this week with no hope of return for another 6-7 months :(

This week we not only had to experience the dreaded time change - (I hate that - why can't everyone be like AZ and leave time alone?) - but OLD MAN WINTER moved into the area - he's so cruel.

Thursday morning, I had to drive to work in this...

I really probably shouldn't be taking pictures while speeding down the Interstate at 75+mph in thick fog - huh?

On Friday morning we woke up to a dusting of snow and slush in the streets (not stick to streets my butt - radio announcers). The radio announcers also said we would get snow last night - but only a couple inches on grassy surfaces and nothing on the roads. Um...wrong again...

Last night driving home from work it was SO bad. Maybe I've forgotten how to drive in the super bad weather, but it was worse than I remember. We got rain and sleet first (fun!) then it started snowing HARD. By the time I was driving home from the restaraunt, I was coming down so hard and the wind was so bad that you could barely see 20 feet in front of the car. And he wind direction was horrible - it was blowing in just the right direction to make you really dizzy (non-snow drivers will not know what I'm talking about). I took the back road home - hoping the gravel would aid me - but I still couldn't drive much over 20 miles an hour - except for when it felt like my car was starting to get stuck - I'd get it unstuck and then go sliding towards the ditch - I hate this kind of driving. On top of that - once I did finally make it to my street, I didn't know if I'd make it up the hill. With a lot of gunning the gas and sliding around - I finally made it safely in the garage - WHEW!

Overnight it continued to snow so bad that our dish service got knocked out and the power went out a couple of times for a period of time. The wind is still horrible this morning - I don't know how Mr. S and the boys are out hunting - crazy! So this is what we woke up to this morning -
Couple inches - no - that's like 4-5 inches weathermen!

The girls said they HAD to play in it before the boys messed it up - weirdos.

I must be the only smart one - I'm inside, snuggled up with my blanket, the fireplace and my computer - I'll probably just have to settle in here for the next 6-7 months and not go out anywhere.

So, here's the start of all of my snow complaining blogs for Winter 2010.

What is your favorite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment