Thursday, November 4, 2010

Just an 'eh' kind of week

I don't really have a whole post necessarily - just random thoughts....
Everyone at work has the “crud” right now. It actually extends beyond our walls though – they even had a story in the newspaper the other day about it. Mine started two weeks ago with a super sore throat, fever and body aches. Then it moved to my chest and I’ve been COUGHING my head off. The other day I decided enough was enough and went to the DR. Um, yeah – mine turned into bronchitis. I just hope this is the only year I have it and it doesn’t turn into a re-occurring sickness. Yesterday I slept most of the afternoon/evening and felt TONS better today – but after a very productive day today – I’ve scraping bottom tonight. Luckily it seems to only being affecting adults (Mr S has it now) all the kids seem fine though and it doesn’t seem to be originating from school –weird – that’s the “crud” capitol of the world.

I did get some good news the other day – my ex has been arrested!!! I was surprised how fast they went after him – the warrant was barely issued last Wednesday. We’ve sent a letter to his public defender mentioning our “offer”, so hopefully when we have our arraignment on Monday AM – we might get somewhere with him. Otherwise – eventually he’ll get out and he’ll just run for the border and try to escape his responsibilities like always. Whatever – as long as I can get him out of mine and the girls lives. We’re so much better off – well minus the fact that I’ve had to shell out almost $3000 for his stupidity (ugh –my divorce was only $400 – why is it that I can’t get the same support as welfare moms from the state? Ugh, don’t even get me started on that).

Speaking of Mr. Stupid – JrMsS is having issues again – not huge, but Sunday she just started crying over him out of the blue again. Ugh – I’m not sure how to handle that. I’ve always been of the mindset that they should be free to share their feelings/anger/issues, but there’s nothing I can do to fix it and I’m a “fixer” – it pains me that I can’t do anything.

Mr. S is out of town tonight. As much as I like time to myself to feel free to watch “girlie/trashy” tv, I hate him being gone overnight. I always stay up WAY too late and I don’t sleep very well without my personal heater in the bed beside me. Hopefully he’s back tomorrow night…

So speaking of watching “girly” tv and Mr. S – I started watching One Fine Day tonight after we got home from basketball practice and my parent-teacher conference. They have had several commercials about Match.com and I’m so glad I went on there to meet him. I had been on for a while after my divorce and met some crummy guys. I met an “ideal” guy on Yahoo personals who turned out to be not so ideal and turned back to Match.com to “get back at him”. That’s when I met MrS and it’s so funny how EASY a relationship with him was. I think that now it takes a lot more work than when we met because our dynamic has changed, but I’m just so lucky to have found MrS in this way that did not exist just 10 years ago (or at least not in the mainstream way).

Alright…now I’m on to Predator 2 so I quit being so “girlie” and hopefully the NyQuil I took will knock me out soon so I can rest and feel better in the AM. I’m sure the weather isn’t helping any with the way I feel (I miss you 70 degrees – can’t wait to see you in April!)

Hopefully you’re having a better week than me…

No comments:

Post a Comment