Thursday, July 29, 2010

The saddest sight in the whole world..

..is watching your kids leave for a long time :(

The girls left this morning for Arizona to spend some quality time with my parents.  But it was so heart breaking watching them board that plane all alone.
I was all prepared to let them go at the gate and then run to my car and bawl until I got to work, but NO...apparently Southwest makes you stay in the gate area until they're in the air.  I get the point, but it was so much worse to stand there and wait...and wait...and wait...
Grr...
Then you get to see them roll away and turn tail to you...ugh...

And then you wait and wait and wait while they're around the corner getting ready to get into the air and EVERY nightmare in the world runs through your head (what if the plane crashes on the runway RIGHT in front of me and then I'm a HORRIBLE mom because I'm not on that stupid plane with my kids burning up with them!!!!).  Ugh - like I said - EMOTIONAL! At least none of the worst happened and they took off just fine.  I also didn't get my bawling time because I had to immediately get on a conference call. 

How does my mom and other long-distance moms do it?!  ugh - heartbreaking.

I know they'll have fun and it'll be nice for Mr. S and I to have our FIRST night off from kids (and a whole week) without kids since our honeymoon.  - Guess we'll see if the marriage works on our own :)

What's a hard-mom-thing you've had to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment