Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ouch!

It's hard to see, but LMS's finger is BLACK and BLUE! 
Yesterday at Kid Care her finger was somehow rolled over by a HUGE roll of butcher clock paper.  Poor baby...
Last night when I tried to get her to ice it, all she did was whine and complain about how the ice hurt her.  This morning I took her into Kid Care and I played the "mom lie" card.  I "threatened" that if she didn't ice it - I was taking her to the Dr. tonight and having him drill a hole in her finger to release the pressure (this has happened before with Jr.Ms.S and TS2 - except they had the bruising on the nail side). I knew they wouldn't ACTUALLY drill into her finger, but she didn't.  Apparently she iced it good at Kid Care today and had it on ice even when I got home tonight.  She also pointed out how it didn't hurt at all to bend it or ice it :) It does look better today than yesterday or even this morning (for some reason they taped it when she went swimming - that's the white stuff).  
 
I still feel bad for her, but I'm also glad I pulled a "mom lie". 

What "mom" cards do you pull?

No comments:

Post a Comment