Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Growing Pains

I LOVE having daughters.  I loved getting to dress them all cute as babies.  I loved that I could totally re-live my childhood of princesses and Barbies through them.  I've love watching them turning into little women. 
The pain finally hit though this weekend.

I HAD TO BUY JRMSS HER FIRST REAL BRA!!!

Seeing her in that just hit me that - wait - this isn't my LITTLE GIRL anymore.  Where has the time gone?  I mean REALLY..where as it gone?!

 
So although she's not feeling the growing pains now...mom sure is.  I mean what's next?  Do I really HAVE to do "The Talk" now?  I remember when my mom gave it to me in THIRD grade - ugh - I was SO not ready to hear about all the gross women's bodies things and I was REALLY SO NOT READY to hear about my mom and dad having S-E-X - GROSS!  So, maybe I'm a bad mom that I've avoided it. Kids grow up SO fast - do I really have to push it THAT much faster?  Teaching her how to wear a real bra and how which colors have to go with which types of shirts - isn't that pretty mom-ish?  I never got that lesson (seriously - my first wedding dress I wore white and green underwear and since I knew NOTHING about how colors show through clothes - everyone could see them - ugh). I didn't get that lesson until I went to Victoria Secret when I was like 25 to get a bra fitting whan THAT was finally explained to me.

She's also starting to get some random blemishes, so we picked up some Noxema as well in the store this weekend.  I look back and I can't believe I was saying "when I was a teenager I used this..." or "this really helped when I had this blemish problem". HOW DID I GET SO OLD?!!

Of course I want to do the right thing and not let her find these things out the hard way or the wrong way.  I realize that VERY soon I need to have "The Talk", I'm just not sure how to approach it I guess.  I don't want to scar her like I was (sorry mom).  We have a pretty open relationship and we can talk about things, but this crosses a line I'm not sure I want to share. 

How were you given "The Talk" or how have you given it?

No comments:

Post a Comment