Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's all about L-O-V-E

I haven't always liked Valentines Day, but this year I'm feelin' the love from my wonderful husband and 5 great kids, so I want to go all out.

It started Thursday with my wonderful husband sending flowers to my office.  They're so pretty.

Why did he send them so early you ask?  Because it was my last day of work for the week.  I took the day off Friday to try my hand at domestic goddess-ness and help at our two older kids' class party.  It didn't work out so well for me though.  I only got my class assignement 2 days before the party and because I have been super busy at work, it only left me one lunch hour to find my supplies.  My game was "Pin the Heart on Cupid", do you know how freaking hard it is to find a cupid when you're looking for one?  When you're not looking for them and hate V-Day, they're EVERYWHERE!  I couldn't find one on my lunch shopping trip, so I thought I'd be able to find one at one of my only two shopping options in the mini-town we live in: family Dollar and Pamida (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE living in a small town? Ugh, I WISH we had more options, or at least a Wal-mart). 

After I dropped the girls off at school, I tried Family Dollar first, they only had a Valentines aisle about as long as my arm.  Then I tried Pamida - however they didn't open until 9, so I had to SIT there for almost 45 minutes!  Grrr... (It was pretty pointless for me to drive all the way back home - I would have only been there like 10 minutes before I had to turn back around) When I finally got in, they didn't have have any cupids either!  My back up plan was to buy poster board and "create" a chocolate box and chocolates for the kids to play "Pin the Chocolates in the box".  So unfortunately my morning was shot because I had to color.


(my sad "attempt" at art)
It was all worth it though, the kids seemed to enjoy the game.  They also had other activities like unwrapping candy with huge gloves (just used their teeth) and decorating cookies.






After the party, I raced back home to try to get some domestic goddess time in before Mr. S came home, but he was already there and wanted to go and get our taxes done (how romantic).  So I prepped some of our dinner and threw that in the fridge and we ran out to do taxes and pick up the kids.

When we got home, I prepped dinner and got that in the oven.  I tried a couple new chicken recipes: Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon and Peruvian Roasted Chicken.  They're both from Gina's WW Recipes.  They were so yummy that we ate them up before I got "after" pictures.
Before:


The sauce


This morning has been really busy so far.  I have sorted the kids V-day gifts (it's so hard to pick things, what do you suggest for kids when I don't want to only get them stinking candy?).

I also got Mr. S's card ready.  I have a great present planned for him: We're going for a romantic couples massage tonight.  He loved this on our honeymoon, so hopefully he enjoys it again tonight.  We also have reservations at Johnny's Italian Steakhouse (this is where we went for our first/second date).


(I know, the card is cheesy - but aren't all Valentines cheesy?)
I'm also making some Valentine's treats to take to the wrestling tournament tomorrow: Cupids Best Brownies and Black and White Heart cookies.  Yummy!


So we have a pretty busy Valentines weekend planned.

What do you have planned for your Valentines weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment