Friday, February 3, 2012

Catching up...December Posts

Since I'm SO behind...I thought I'd give you a snapshot of our life lately...

Saturday, Dec. 3, 2011: Shopped for "Eygpt" project supplies this am, LMS had a GREAT basketball game, it took us an hour to get home from Underwood because of slick roads, then LMS got her kitty! she was so funny when she realized we had picked it up :)
----
The girls were SO excited we had plenty of snow at home so they could try their new sled/snowboard. Weird how there was like nothing down in CB/Underwood this morning.
----
WHY does wrestling have to take SO long?!?! I want Mr S and the boys home NOW so I can take Christmas card pics while the snow is pretty :(

Okay, so can you tell I was SUPER bored? We got the snow and I wanted family pictures for a Christmas card SO BAD! I think Mr S got a little annoyed with all my nagging. The problem was that he was leaving super early in the morning to work out of town for a week or more – so getting a picture with him was time-sensitive. In the end it worked out and I finally took a chill-pill J

Sunday, Dec. 4, 2011: LOOONNGG morning...up at 530, got the husband packed and on the road, cooked breakfast for the kids, took family pics, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed floors, laundry and folded the laundry for yesterday, put a ton of clothes away and gathered more stuff for this Egypt project we have to still work on this morning....I'm exhausted already :P

It was a VERY busy day – probably the neatest thing that happened was that the Jr's SLED down the hill to Mr S;s grandparent's house to help shovel their walks – What I would have given to do something like that as a kid.

Monday, Dec. 5, 2011: I'm so blessed to have Ms S...he's the best husband and such an awesome (step)dad...I hate it when he's gone (especially for so long)...sucks...

Ugh…one day and him being gone was already soaking in..he's so helpful with the kids and I'm SO not used to having to do all of the running around at night.

Thursday, Dec. 8, 2011: It took them 4 days before they plowed our road after this last storm...any bets on how long it'll take the county to come out this time? Wish Mr S was home...he'd get them out tomorrow with his "sparkling" personality ;)
----
Dusting to 1"...whatever...my 8 year old could make a better prediction than the weatherman...we officially have 2" now

I was a little stressed about the snow – I don't know how to use the snow blower so any kind of great accumulation was going to be a serious problem, luckily it pretty much leveled off after 2 inches. The problem this night was that it was also the Jr's winter concert at school. Getting there was interesting…

Friday, Dec. 9, 2011: Survived the peewees ~ pray I make it through the juniors now...dumbass people here keep encroaching on the space I staked out @ 430. TS2 1st, TS1 2nd. Oh and the only one that's been hurt so far is LMS ~ stupid kid was running in the hallway and gave her a HUGE bump on the head. Even more stupid mom didn't even apologize...

----

I'm REALLY working hard to earn my mom/wife points tonight....I have to coach the boys @ wrestling match in Carroll, IA since Mr S is still gone. My husband owes me BIG TIME!

I sucked up my hate of wrestling and went ahead and took the boys to a wrestling tournament that Mr S had signed them up for before leaving. Mr S's grandfather went with us and helped us out. It sucked being out so late (I was really mad at him for telling me we'd be home by 10 – we weren't even done before 11 and still had over an hour to drive home). We survived though and now I have that under my belt.

Saturday, Dec. 10, 2011: So as nice as I am to her boys...the stupid witch said my schedule and time don't matter...I can just wait for her to come off her throne or something...I think I know my Christmas wish...

I was LIVID – not only was I exhausted from the night before, but Mr S got home about 3 am and then we were trying to leave early for LMS's basketball game. Mr S asked when she was coming to get the boys and her reply was 'When I feel like it…what does it matter, you're not even there!'…um, really?!! So MY time and MY DAUGHTER's schedule don't matter (no real surprise I guess), I was exhausted though and dealing with her dumb butt was the last thing on my temper list that morning. (Although I still wouldn't mind getting that Christmas wish…)

Monday, Dec. 12, 2011: How am I ever going to redecorate this house?! There's too many choices! Anyone want to redecorate my house and get paid in wine and LOTS of laughter?

I'm starting to PURGE the ghosts in this house. I REFUSE to let this woman reside in my house anymore. I can't change the house we live in that she helped design, but in my mind I justify it since Mr S, his father and grandfather built it – it's not so much hers. The paint and a lot of the other design choices were hers though so she needs to get out! The sooner the better…

And by the way, my offer still stands…

Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011: Hmm..when life gives you lemons you're supposed to make lemonade...how do I get life to give me something that makes wine? :) I give up, guess I'll just open my favorite bottle of Riesling.

----

Haven't decided yet if I should be pissed or cry? Being a grown up sucks

Work was getting tough, I was DROWNING…it's better now, the project that was STRANGLING me was put on hold until further notice last week (or won't ever start up again), so things are looking a lot better on that front.

Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011: Great job today LoMa 6th grade girls! The best part for me was seeing JrMsS have 3 fouls called on her for shoving - nice to see our talks about competitiveness is finally rubbing off

Is it really wrong for me to be happy about this, because I was (am). She's done SO much better in the last month, I've really seen her trying, maybe our talks and my bribing has finally worked J

Monday, Dec. 19, 2011: When going down the stairs, don't think about cleaning up dinner, or all the things you need to get done for work, or anything else BUT going down the stairs, because if you're not, you break your butt sliding down ALL of them (ouch!) I learned this HARD lesson last night and thought I'd share the wealth of knowledge with everyone else.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!! Oh yeah, about EVERYTHING except walking downstairs. I slipped on the second to top stairs (as seen here) and slid ALL THE WAY DOWN. PAIN, PAIN, PAIN!! The worst part was driving and sitting at work (you know all those things I spend like 60+ hours a week doing. Luckily with the holidays in full-swing, I was able to rest and take lots of time out of the office. In the last week or so, I'm finally starting to feel like it's healing.

Thursday, Dec. 22, 2011: Presents all wrapped...started house cleaning...halfway done with laundry for the week...car getting its long overdue check up...hubby taking us to dinner...if only I didn't have a pain in the ass, life would be great!

This was the only funny thing about my accident – I could bring up my "pain in the ass" all the time and be literal about it ;)

Monday, Dec. 26, 2011: SO do not want to go back to work tomorrow :( especially since I have to make the lively drive to Lincoln again :p got the first coat of paint on the walls in the bathroom today...and another injury :(

Oh the drives to Lincoln…so glad that is over now. For Christmas I asked for paint for the bedroom and bathroom (part of my re-decorating initiative) Mr S, the girls and I spent the day off taping the bedroom and bathroom and putting the first coat on in the bathroom. I also had another major injury – I turned quick while standing in the tub to answer a question Mr S asked me and tripped over paint cans. Unfortunately I fell into the faucet of the tub and bruised my right inner thigh literally from the top down to my knee – UGH!

Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2011: Has anyone else broken their butt (tailbone) before? I can't remember how long it took me to heal last time and I think this time is MUCH MORE painful than before. If you have, how did you get through it?

Okay, so I was in a lot of pain (oh did I forget to mention that I fell directly on the stupid thing on Christmas Eve again…grrr). Although I knew the doctor really couldn't do anything, I decided to take my chances. I had an x-ray and yes, sure enough it was cracked. She prescribed a little stronger pain med and told me NO MORE falling! I even got the "old persons" speech about handrails and loose rugs, etc. So hopefully no more calls until like March :)

No comments:

Post a Comment