Monday, November 30, 2009

I Love Christmas...

I like holidays, especially when there are days off from work involved.  But there's something about the whole Christmas season that I love.  There's something in the air (or the water), I don't know, but it makes me happy. 

For weeks I've been flipping over to the radio station in Omaha that usually plays Christmas music, just to see if they'd started yet (the last few years they've started earlier in November - this year they did not).  Not that I don't have a ton of Christmas CDs in my car, it's just something about that being in the radio that it really starts for me.  (and yes, I could turn to the satellite station that plays it year-round, but it's not the same)
Even though I HATE cold weather and snow - I'll make an exception for Christmas - that says a lot right there.
I usually loathe crowds, but I'm able to suck it up and handle the shopping and lines (sometimes grumbly, but usually not).
I love all the lights (can you tell from all of my candles and lights at the wedding?) and decorations. 
I love all the holiday parties and getting to see people that you don't normally see through the year. 
Have I mentioned the food? Yes, I LOVE the food too.
I know it's not December yet, but I'm so glad the holiday season is upon us.  Now, "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" (but only if I get a snow day) :)


What is your favorite holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment