Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween...I'm late

I know, I'm late. Not only am I late, but I stole the pictures off Mr.S aunt's Facebook page since I haven't downloaded mine from my camera yet. Geez...So bad.

Here's the Snowflake Bunch all dressed up for trick or treating:

JMrS is death, JMsS is a Southern Belle, LMS is a Glamour Witch, TS1 and TS2 are GI Joe Ninjas




Here they are with cousins - isn't Percy the Train so cute?  I think this was his first year going out trick or treating, so he was all revved up to go.

Funny story, when JMsS, LMS and I went shopping, they both wanted to be vampires.  We couldn't find any costumes they liked and that were in my designated price range.  They ended up picking the costumes they did, but JMsS was going to be a Southern Belle vampire (a la Interview With A Vampire - although I don't think she's seen that movie) and LMS only wanted to be a witch as long as she was a "pretty" one.  We walked over to the make up so that JMsS could get vampire stuff, but she said it was too scary :)
So, in the end she decided she'd just be a Southern Belle and dress pretty (this is my tomgirl talking - I was SO happy at that moment).
A few days later I was going through her backpack for school papers and found a notebook.  I flipped through and only one sheet was written on like a journal.  I wasn't trying to be snoopy or anything, but I read the entry where she talked about her day and things going on.  At the bottom she wrote:
"For Halloween this year I'm going to be a Southern Belle.  I get to wear a hat and a dress that is big like a cupcake (*something I kept calling my wedding dress*).  I think it's an old fashioned thing".
Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment