Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Quick 10...

What a week...here's the high-level events that have taken place:
1. Swim team is going strong now.  I think Jr.Ms.S really loves it.  The only bad side I see is that it's SO much like wrestling meets!  Ugh!  At least we're out enjoying the nice weather, I guess, and if you sit close enough - you can get cooler from the water every once in a while.
2.What a nice, relaxing day we had on Sunday.  Because of the rainy weather we got out of going to baseball games.  We just took it easy all day, napped, watched movies - totally unlike our normal schedule.  It was great.

3. Speaking of baseball, Jr.Mr.S's team got 1st place in the tournament last weekend and 3rd in the tournament this week.  His season is over now (YAY!) - great job guys!

4. LMS had her last softball game this week (double YAY!).  She did so great even with the lack of practices and short season.  I'm looking forward to next year when they'll play more serious games and hopefully they give them more instruction.  On Wednesday night she had THREE great hits and played outfield very well.

5. Know what sucks more than having to work a part-time job?  Working the part-time job and then handing over all the money you made that day for a gift certificate there.  I came home with $8 last night :( Oh and staying for ONE stupid extra table - SO not worth it!!

6. So Mr. S's ex and I have the same tank top (pretty teal spaghetti strap one).  Ugh.  Not only that, but we both wore it to a baseball game on Tuesday - double ugh!  As I posted on my Facebook, at least I looked WAY better in mine (No fat rolls hanging out and I wore mine with nice shorts, she wore hers with sweat shorts - gross). I mean I knew we had some of the same tastes (we both chose Mr. S, right? - although in my case, I'm NOT going to throw away a good thing), but seriously, to actually wear the same tank top and to be sitting on exact opposite sides of the field like a mirror - too much.

7. Speaking of Crazy, on Thursday I really wanted to go to JrMrS's game.  I wanted to be there for him and I felt it was important to bring him his eye black stuff.  I left work early, drove 25 miles out of my way, and when I got there I just happened to pull in the spot RIGHT behind where her and her stupid husband were sitting.  She turned around, stood up, and gave me the NASTIEST look I think I've ever recieved.  I told the girls to just stay in the car.  I walked up, put Jr.Mr.S's stuff on his face, told him his dad was out of town so that's why he wasn't there and then wished him good luck (I feel so awful that I didn't stay for him).  I hope he understands.  I just couldn't deal with the sitting across the field from HER and putting up with whatever crap.  Normally her behavior would have made me want to stay even more and stand up to her stupid actions, but I just didn't have the energy.  So yeah, blame carbon outputs on me that day - I drove 50 miles just to put eye black on my step-son.

8. So on to nicer topics again (and seriously - why does SHE take two of my highlights?)...I don't know how we do it sometimes at work, but we pulled off another successful public meeting.  I at least didn't actually have to attend, but it was my job to coordinate all the boards, handouts, and other materials.  Working with our printer sucks (as well as with our national marketing guy - seriously - we need to buy the stupid font), but some how it all worked out.  The end of my week was so much easier than the last week and a half +.  Unfourtunately rolling into the holiday weekend, it's not going to continue to be so easy, next week is going to be REALLY busy - but hopefully rewarding...

9. Deal alert - the next best thing to just buying the cow and pig whole is going to the butcher - or deli - and just buying bulk.  My grocery bill for a normal month is approximately $550-700 per month (some day I'll have to do a break down to show you just HOW MUCH a family of 7 eats).  My recent find was that instead of asking the butcher to cut down one of their big packages - you save a whole dollar per pound on the stuff! (I sound like a kid in a candy shop - who knew I'd ever be this excited about 9 lbs of pork!?! Okay - save me - I sound Iowan). But seriously, when you're buying as much as I am for the family - finds like this are great.

10. And last but not least, yesterday my brother graduated from Navy bootcamp.  He'll move on to S. Carolina for his apprentice school next week (I'd love to visit there - I've heard it's so pretty) and in a couple weeks he'll be able to move his wife and baby out there to be with him.  I'm so proud of you Drew!

What are your weekly highlights?

No comments:

Post a Comment