Friday, June 4, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

Hey, I actually have time this week :)  This week's theme is all about vacation...

1. My dream vacation would be either to Bora Bora (it was a "dream" honeymoon spot for Mr.S and I) or like a month to explore Europe and stay in the most fabulous cities.  These are completely not going to happen - at least not for another 15 years +, or unless our Powerball numbers came up, but it's still nice to dream.


2. The best trip I've ever taken was both my trip to Hawaii with my grandma after high school and my Honeymoon with Mr. S.  Hawaii was really awesome and because my grandma, aunt, and the other lady we went with had all been there before we got to do the best tourist-y things and also did some non-tourist-y things.  My trip with Mr. S was great (besides the uti and the LONG drive from the airport).  Everything was beautiful and we were so pampered and relaxed.  I don't think I've ever been that relaxed on a trip.

3. The most important items to take on a road trip are earplugs (if you have kids with you), good music/DVDs and snacks.

4. The next trip I'm looking forward to is just any next one.  We're SO busy right now and really need to catch up financially, so all trips our out of our schedule.  Sucks, but hopefully VERY soon things will start turning around (they better after all this money I've spent on my lawyer - at this point we could have gone skiing instead - much more fun than paying him).

5. If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be Hmmmm....that's tough. On a trip by myslef or with the girls, probably a mix CD with cheesy songs. If we're all in the car - anything to drown out the kids asking if we're there yet, fighting, or whining about going to the bathroom (okay, can you tell I HATE road trips, not only with the kids - just PERIOD - I hate them).

6. The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling was on the trip with my ex and stepson's from AZ.  We had THE WORST LUCK on that trip.  Between a deer running into us on the Interstate, the blizzard, the car breaking down in the middle of nowhere on a Sunday, and then the car breaking down again after it got fixed, it was probably THE WORST TRIP EVER!  (well not to mention it was with my ex).

7. My favorite traveling memory is ..I'm not sure.  I guess as a "memory" the best thing might have been visiting my grandma in CA during the summer without our parents.  I'm sure we were hard for her, but they were really great times for me and my sister.
 
How would you fill in the blanks?

No comments:

Post a Comment