Monday, May 31, 2010

Three Day Weekend

Three day weekends are great – especially now that for the last 6 weeks I’ve only had one day weekends. It hasn’t been as nice as I thought though, when I’ve actually been off – Mr. S has been working – and that sucks.

Saturday started off with a baseball game for Jr. Mr. S. Mr. S has started a second job now – which I hate, but if he feels like he needs to do it – I’ll support it. He had to leave before the game was over to go and do some training. The nice thing was that it was a day off for my sister and she was able to come up and hang out.
I had to get ready for Mr. S’s cousin’s shower that I threw on Sunday and my sister was a HUGE help (actually my day started out with shower stuff – I designed a monogram and the card that went inside the favors). I had to leave for my job and my sister stayed a little while after I left with the girls. They really enjoyed that.
Thanks sissy for all of your help!


It's all about dots :)
I finally decorated :)

Sunday we cleaned house and got ready for the shower. When the Pampered Chef rep arrived, Mr. S left for his second job. The shower was nice, but I wish for her that we would have had more people show up. People are HORRIBLE at RSVP-ing, why?!? I always make sure to do that!
We made a yummy taco ring and brownie sundae - yummy!

Yummy Strawberry Champange Cake!
The bride

After the shower, the girls and I went to Mr.S’s aunt’s pond for dinner and hanging out. It started sprinkling after dinner though, but the girls and I had a good time.

I think this is the first time he shot a gun - look at how happy he is (I can't believe I just said that - how "Iowan" do I sound?!? Yikes!)

Mr. S didn’t get home until like 1 in the morning – it sucks! We slept in on Monday and then just hung out for the day relaxing. The girls tried out the new slip and slide and had a lot of fun with that (I loved our slip and slide as a kid, didn’t you?).
Not only do that have the "cool" slip and slide - but they actually have grass and a hill to aid the fun - I'm so jealous - I wish I was 10 again :)

Mr. S had to leave again for work (ugh – sucks) so the girls and I did some cleaning and getting ready for the week. However, I just got some (good) news, its 10:15 and Mr. S is on his way home – he thinks he quit the second job. I guess I shouldn’t be this joyful, but I am – I hate him being gone at night.

What did you do this long weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment