Monday, May 3, 2010

Eh, it was a mixed weekend...

First the good...Since the beginning of the year (and before that) I've wanted to lose weight, I used a lot of excuses the last few months (I was too busy, there were too many things going on, the crappy weather this winter didn't make me want to).  As of today - I've lost half a pound from where I started the year!  I've actually lost a lot more than that in the last month - At my highest (gulp) - I was in the mid-190's.  I've worked my way SLOWLY down, but in the last month I've been able to shed 7 pounds!  I'm pretty proud of myself.

Also good, we've had some thunderstorms this weekend (I love severe weather - not blizzards though).  And LMS's soccer team (the team I coach) won by a pretty impressive margin - even when I was only able to play 6 girls (really, how can you play a real game of soccer with just 5 running on the field?).  We won 8-1, with LMS making one of those goals. 

No the bad, my ex is forcing his way back into the picture.  Last week he emailed me (through Facebook of course) and asked to see the girls.  At first I explained that 1) they're super busy with school and all of their activities and 2) that because of what he's done and the fact that he's not been present AT ALL for the last 10 months, he was going to have limited access.  He got all upset and emailed me about how HE really misses the girls and how HE needs to see them and then threw in that they needed their dad in their life.  Hmm..they have a DAD in their life - one that listens to them, supports them both finacially and emotionally, and one that's always there for them, even when he doesn't always "get" girls.  I'm not going to argue that they don't need to see their real dad, but the fact that he hasn't been involved and the fact that we've seen a NOTICABLE difference in the girls from a year ago, he's only going to have limited access as far as I'm concerned.  We'll see how that goes.  He's also going to show a lot more effort.  He needs to pay his support, he needs to be proactive about the arrangements, and he needs to have a licensed driver to come and meet me half-way (I'm not taking them all the way into town if I don't have to be there).  After I "punched him with all these points - I thought we'd have another facebook aurgument, but surprisingly, he backed down and just told me he wants to see them and support them - whatever it takes.  Grr...
How did your weekend go?

No comments:

Post a Comment