Sunday, August 29, 2010

Big Birthday Weekend

The weekend of the 14th was a big weekend for us, both Mr. S and the Twin Snowflakes celebrate their birthdays that day, so we (I) had a lot to get ready for.
Friday evening while Mr. S was at football practice with Jr.Mr.S, TS2 and I did a WHOLE LOT of cooking!  In addition to party cooking, I also made the twins their b-day dinner so Mr. S could chose what he wanted on their actual birthday this year (TS2 chose last year).  Since TS1 LOVES shrimp pasta - that's what I made for them and even though I made up my own recipe (I forgot all of the ingredients for the recipe I have), it went over REALLY well (almost better than the real recipe).

Saturday morning meant cleaning and more cooking to get ready for the party.  Seriously, I cooked so much I got a blister on my finger!  I told Mr. S that's how much and and the boys meant to me that I'd go to that length :)  I don't think he felt too bad for me though :(  It was a beautiful day for an outdoor August birthday party.
I LOVE my view :)
A new concoction of mine :)
Seven layer dip (made my way) and shrimp dip
Homemade salsa!
Birthday boys
I screwed up, we didn't have enough candles in the house.  Didn't stop them any though! Best wishes!!
Mr. S's little cousin is so cute.  I was totally cracking up at the way he got up on our couch.
Seriously, he went feet first :)  And like a true man went straight for the Dish remote once he got up there.
Mr. S and Jr.Mr.S left for football practice and the family stuck around for a while.  When everyone left and they got back home, Mr. S decided to save me from more cooking (what a man) and we went out to dinner in town.  When we got back home, we ended the night outside with a fire and marshmallows. 
What a beautiful night!
Unfortunately I didn't get to spend the rest of the weekend with my family.  I had to get up for a 6 am flight to Wyoming :(  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment