Friday, February 3, 2012

A Very Merry Christmas

The Snowflake family had a nice Christmas, how about you?

Celebrating at Mr S's mom's house. Little cousin was SO cute - he had to eat JUST LIKE the big kids.

Opening presents...



The day before Christmas Eve, the kids (not JrMsS - she was at the orthodontist with Mr S) helped make Christmas cookies. I always make too many...
JrMrS making cinna-swirls
Little kids making sugar cookies

That night, Mr S decided to take us to dinner in Omaha. We all love Red Lobster, so we went there.
The kids are picking out Mr S's dinner.


On Christmas Eve morning, we let the the kids open one gift (specifically because of the stupid ex, this way the boys get to play with stuff)



That afternoon we went to Mr S's dad's side of the family to celebrate Christmas and then went to church.
Bad family picture...

I'm not really sure exactly what TS2 got, but he sure was happy about it (seemed kind of like a beer-pong game)

LMS excited about her yarn (she wasn't needy this year - that's all the dork wanted)



In addition to our family draw, the adults decided to do a white elephant-type of game.


After church, everyone came over to our house for dessert.
My sister helping to get out the goodies.

After everyone left, we started in on our presents.

LMS happy about her mini American Girl Dolls


JrMsS REALLY wanted an iPOD. I told her the only way show was going to get one is if she invested in it as well. So, we told her she had to pay $50 - that's a huge deal to an 11 year old! She came up with the money though and was VERY happy about the gift. I guess the whole Santa thing is over - I mean you don't have to buy your gifts if Santa gets them, right?
She was really happy. After I took this she asked to go into the garage so she could scream - what a nerd :)


TS1 liked one gift - I think he was talking about the kitten...



Aw, things he loves...

LMS made this at school and then HAD to take my picture.

Ugh...gross...

The next morning I got everyone up early for a yummy breakfast and stockings.

We also video conferenced with my brother, his wife and boys and my parents. It was hard on my parents to be away from all of this year, so I think this helped a bit - we should do it more often.

I also made a Christmas dinner for Mr. S, my sister, the girls, and Mr S's grandparents.
YUM!



What did you do this year for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment