Friday, February 3, 2012

Home Decorating Part 1

Honestly, I don't know how many posts this will take, but hopefully by the end of next year I can get this house looking great! Ever since the girls and I have moved in, I haven't done much in the way of decorating even though Mr S told me many times he didn't really care what I did to the house. I need the ghosts out though, it's been long enough and I can't live with the stupid ex's bad decorating.

So, for Christmas I asked for paint for our bedroom and bathroom. The day after Christmas, Mr S, the girls and I begun the makeover.

Our Bathroom:
Before - Yucky yellow and stencils - gross

More stencils.
After:
I went for cool, relaxing colors. I wanted this darker and more grey, but it worked out...



Our Bedroom: 
Before - More yucky yellow and more disgusting stencils.

Yuck!

After:
I REALLY wanted to go much darker, but Mr S acted weird when I proposed that. I'm happy with the results though.
I actually really like the lights - they're leftovers from the wedding. We've never had reading lights and the lights we have in the room are NOT good lights for that. I still need a new duvet and sheets and I want to drap netting or something over the bars.

This is my problem wall.  I think I want to get one of those big stick on things in the shape of a tree...unless someone wants to come and paint one (hint, hint)

A shot of the new things I added to our window area. I also added dragonflies above the window. I have more for something - either another room or for the "tree"

I've also made some changes to other parts of the house:
I have a window herb garden.

I made a wreath for our front door

JrMsS painted and decorated a mirror for her room.



I really like the wreath - It came out pretty :) Since nothing is glued on (except the moss), it'll be easy to change it out for other seasons if I want.

I also made some changes to the girls' rooms.
LMS:
Mirror, shelves, butterflies, re-organized the room.


These are from bfore I added more butterflies to both of their rooms...

JrMsS:


I have A LOT more changes in the works. I'm really looking forward to cleaning out the bad-decor ghosts. What ghosts do you have in your house?

1 comment: