Friday, February 3, 2012

First Major Snow!

This winter has been SO weird. Until this weekend, we've only had 3 snow storms with measurable snow. This is the only storm that was actually really good. As much as a non-winter person I am - I really am missing the snow this year.

This started with rain and ice in the morning. LMS had a basketball game in Underwood and when we came out, the snow had begun. It took over an hour to get home, but the girls were SO excited to  finally get their new sleds out and use them.


JrMsS snowboarding.
A HUGE snowman the girls made - they said it was me :(

I decided the snow was so pretty I HAD to start taking pics for a Christmas card. I started bugging Mr S to get home NOW (they were at a wrestling tournament) - he wasn't happy with me ;)

Girls enjoyed hot chocolate after coming in from the snow.

Ms S and the boys FINALLY got home after dark and since he was leaving the next day for a week, I decded to compromise and do something different for the card.
JrMsS took this for us - I cropped it for the card.

The next day after Mr S left, I made the kids take some family pictures with me.
On the front stoop...

With their sleds...

On their sleds...

Coming down the hill...

This ended up being the winner for the card.

Cute...

I have a pic of Mr S and the boys on our mantle, so I thought a good one of me amd the girls would be good too.

Playing in the snow.



More sledding

TS2 trying out the snowboard

JrMrS looks so freaky :) Although he's also not freaky with the pink sled :P

Sliding on the ice

Kitty DID NOT like the snow and cold (he still doesn't)

So we're looking forward to seeing what comes tomorrow, I really hope we get DUMPED on. (then maybe I won't have to go to wrestling on Sunday)

What do you think about this years' whimpy winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment