Saturday, April 23, 2011

What a week...

Well, last weekend didn't start off as nice as the one before. I thought it was going to be a good Friday night; Mr S had chili already going for dinner - so yummy on a cold raining day and HP7-P1 (Harry Potter 7 - Part 1 for you non-Pott-heads) was on sale at the store - so we were going to have movie night.

So, I walked out of the store and one of my tires was COMPLETELY flat. Like - don't drive on it unless you want to wreck your car dummy. I swear it wasn't like that when I left work (grrr..). So I had grocceries piled in on top of my spare, as well as all the other crap in my trunk (seriously - how much gas mileage do you think I lose carrying around a huge box of City of Omaha Planning Dept envelopes?). Plus it was pouring rain and stupid me had forgotten a jacket in the morning. Mr S was sweet though, he offered to come down and rescue me, or find me a place that was still open to get it fixed (since it was after 5). We found a Sears close to where I was and I slowly drove there. When I got there, the techs of course say ALL of my tires need replacing. Ugh - there goes $500 I didn't plan on spending this weekend. Anyway, they were very quick and by 6:30 I was on the road home. sadly I could tell a HUGE difference in the way my car reacted to the wet road from before. At least I got it fixed.

I finally made it home and Mr S was sweet and unpacked grocceries for me so I could change and eat. We started HP7-P1, but we were all too tired to stay up and finish it :(


Saturday was nice, the girls and I cleaned and did some other things while Mr S went to JrMrS's game (we woosed out - it was COLD). In the afternoon I got a TON of work done and then we had "family night" and Mr S took the girls and I on date night :)

Sunday was more of the same, relaxing and getting a TON of work done. I felt so good going in Monday wth so much off my plate (too bad that didn't last).

It was a SUPER busy, exhausting week. I don't know why exactly it drained me so bad, but it did.

I had to work at a meeting on Monday night and then the client wanted to stick around and talk forever, so I didn't get home until 8:30 that night. I feel bad that I missed the little kid's first game.

Tuesday was busy at wor and then in the afternoon, my boss held this public involvement leadership meeting. It ran until about 5:30 and then we went downtown for a dinner at BLUE (yummy!). We ad a presentation from a subconsultant that I thought would only last about 30 minutes, but nope...he went for an hour and a half! Seriously, as engaging as the conversation was - I wasn't the only one about to fall asleep in my chair from the super long day. I didn't get home until about 10:30 that night.

Wednesday we were in the meeting all day long and I went in super early to actually get some work done. I ended up leaving at like 4 when the meeting was over because I was wiped! It was a good meeting, but at some points I wondered why the hell my boss even invited me - maybe it's more personal than I can describe here (which is saying a lot), but that meeting in all honesty didn't make me feel like I was in the right place (at one point a participant made my job title sound like I was some sort of rookie and they were so much more superior than I am - my boss defines my title as something completely different, so she just needs to pass the word (she really tried the next day to defend me and even offered to let me change my title if I wanted to) - that and  in front of everybody I had to admit that I'm a work-aholic and I don't like giving things up because it makes me feel like I'm losing control and I'm a control-freak) I don't know....

Thursday was long. Over my lunch I ran over to JC Penny to get the kids their Easter outfits - hopefully it's not too cold tomorrow for them to wear them.

So, side story: I bought JrMsS two pairs of shoes - one to go with the dress she already had (figured I'd buy accessories with her $ that Mr S's grandparents gave us for them) and a pair of tennis shoes because for a couple of weeks she's been complaining about them being too small. I bought the dressy shoes in her current size (7.5), but thought I could "cheat" and buy her a size up so they'd MAYBE last until the fall. Um, yeah - they probably won't last her through the summer! She wore them out Friday and came up and showed me where he toes was in them. Ugh - we'll be lucky to get 2 months out of them. She's growing like a weed!

Anyway, back to Thursday..so last minute in the end of the afternoon I have to race to get something done for a client TB and I sat there and went through so many iterations to get it right. I didn't get done until about 6:15 and had to race downtown to get to a neighborhood meeting I was doing a presentation at. So I made it on time and no one was there - in fact the room was filled with a bunch of "Mighty Bandit" little cheerleaders. Weird...I waited until 7 and when no one remotely looking like they were coming for a neighborhood meeting had shown up - I went home. What a waste to have stayed in town for! So that night I didn't get home until almost 8.

Yesterday was nuts as well. I went in early to get my field work done, then raced to Walmart to get the kids their Easter basket stuff (Mr S is such a weinie when it comes to this stuff - along with stockings at Christmas and Valentines Day, etc - when I talk to him about what to get - he's always like: Why do we need to do that? Um, because it's important!!grr...). Anyway - got all of that grabbed and then when into the office. A meeting ran late and then I needed to run to the store (to buy more Easter stuff we apparently don't need according to Mr S), however the little kids soccer game location had changed and we were going to have to drive 15 min. further. I thought I could make it and was in and out of the store in 20 min! New World Record! I was going to make it in time to get home, but then I got stopped by a train that then stopped in the middle of the tracks. Ugh - it's so frustrating sometimes to live on a major Union Pacific mainline. Anyway - it got going pretty soon - SLOWLY - and I was finally able to race for the homestretch. Mr S had all the kids in the car already - we frantically grabbed all of the grocceries that had to go in the fridge/freezer and then we were off.

The little kids had a pretty good game (even though the lost), especially TS2 - he was hot aand scored two goals alone in the first quarter - at least until he ran out of steam. I'm not sure why LMS wasn't very agressive in the front field, but on defense she took at least two boys out (they had to play an all boy team and I think they were older too). TS1 is also on their team, but he's not quite as aggressive or over-achieving as the other two - funny the two youngest ones on both sides are the most like this - even more so than the older kids. In my family I was always the over-achieving butt-kicker (I'm the oldest).


LMS and TS2 taking a break - TS1 is in the background waiting for the ball to come his way

He had them on the run and then he over shot the ball! He keeps doing this for some reason - Silly!

I like this shot - TS1 is on the sidelines yelling at his brother

What a leg this girl has!

Mr S took us all to dinner which I wasn't sure if the kids wouldn't fall asleep in their chairs they were so tired (me too) - guess the day, the game and then sun (yay! finally had sun!) just took a lot out of us.

Today the Jrs had games. Of course they're both in two separate towns at the exact same time - oh well... Oh my god it was SO cold out there. I was cold for about an hour after I got home! JrMsS's team did well and even with the really bad reff-ing, we still won 2-0. She did so great, I'm so proud of her for coming back to soccer (she missed last year because she didn't want to play). JrMrS's team won too.

Unfortunately it was too cold for my hands to be out long, so I didn't get very many pics.

When we got home and FINALLY warmed up. We cleaned house, the girls went through all of their clothes (amazing how much they have shoved in their dressers). After all the chores, the girls and I made a dessert for tomorrow and then colored eggs.

Good Saturday...Another great reason for not working two jobs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment