Sunday, January 29, 2012

Getting Ready for Christmas - Home Decor

I love Christmas! As much as I hate the work of decorating and undecorating - I love the decorations I have (except my tree - MUST get a new tree next year), however I did make/buy a lot of new things this year to mix with my old.
JrMsS got a new stocking from grandpa (grandpa buys all of the stockings)

My WRECKED kitchen and hearth room.

 
Large Ornaments in the Kitchen and handmade Christmas Tree (made out of tinsel)

LMS and I made this out of Christmas Cards - We'll add to it every year

Hearth Room side of the mantle

LOVE these - "snow" mason jars - I made these using my wedding mason jars

Living Room side of the mantle

TV console

My pathetic Christmas Tree  - you also get a glimpse of a fun project the girls and I made out of some other wedding leftovers - icicles for the windows

I've always wanted a really decorated stairway for the entry and I LOVE how this turned out. I wasn't all that impressed with what I bought for the left side (cheaper, but longer greenery), so during clearance after Christmas, I got the right hand side stuff really cheap.

Quickie wreath. I used a cheap plastic wreath from Walmart and added a lighted bow - I thought it looked really pretty added to the large lighted wreath on the house. (Although I may do something a bit more fashionable next year - we'll see)

Dining Room

More of the icicles

Although I didn't get a tree - the kids all did. This is LMS's purple tree :)

A week after I decorated the house, the kids added to it by designing a gingerbread house.




What is your favorite part of decorating for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment